Monday, March 24, 2014

Food Finds: Ramen Hunt at Yumi Japanese Restaurant

photo credit to Yumi Japanese Restaurant fb page

This is just another Ramen Hunt day for me. But this time I was invited by my friend Icy. Ramen hunt story below.

Luckily, YUMI released a Ramen Monday promo in which all their Ramens are in Buy one Take one every Monday (or until further notice).

Everytime I go to a food place which is new to me, I always ask for their best-seller. Who doesn't? As per Kuyang Waiter, Tantanmen is one of their best selling ramen so why not give it a try.

Tantanmen Ramen.  Php340.00
Tonkotsu and tori-gara soup noodle, chassu pork belly, ground pork, peanut cream, onion leeks, quail eggs, enoki and shiitake mushroom.

The tantanmen ramen has its rich creamy taste. I think the peanut cream over power the soup. You have an option to make it spicy, or go for an extra hot. The egg can be a choice of soft or quail eggs. I like how the chassu pork belly done perfectly. Not too fat and just enough for a bowl of Ramen. You could also ask for an extra soup if you want to.

I find all the foods listed on their menu appetizing, each of them has a description which is enough to make you wonder what they could offer, that's why I made an extra order of their Aspara Kani Maki. I was enticed when I saw the word "cheese". As a cheese lover, I can't resist to try it.

Aspara Kani Maki. Php240.00
Asparagus, crab sticks, sliced cheese, lemon zest and bonito flakes. 

The moment the Aspara Kani Maki landed on our table, I grabbed a piece of it and ate it. The cheese easily melts as I chew, the asparagus adds crunchiness, while the crab sticks, lemon zest and bonito flakes add a wonderful flavor to it.

I hope I could go back here with my husband.

Location: Unit 202 Greenhills Shopping Center, Promenade 3, West Crame, San Juan
Price: 350-500
The bright wife side note: It is located at the mezzanine, from the escalator facing the cinema, go left and take the stairs going up.


The Ramen Hunt Story. (short story)

It was My husband who introduced me with this satisfying food.
He first tasted the best Ramen of his life when he was in Japan. While overseas, he promised me that he will treat me for a bowl ramen when he comes back home.

After a few months in Japan, he's finally back here and as he promised - a treat to a ramen house. But the problem was, he don't know where in the Philippines has the best ramen. Right then our ramen hunt started.


2 comments:

  1. sis! nakakaloka. after visiting kat's blog, nakita ko naman ang blog mo. ano ito once a blogger always a blogger? hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha sis, kakastart ko lang ulet. :D

    ReplyDelete