Saturday, March 22, 2014

Food Finds: Cronuts by Bronuts

Cronut is a croissant-doughnut pastry invented and trademarked by Dominique Ansel Bakery in New York City. The pastry is made by frying a dough in grape seed oil, which is then sugared, filled and glazed. (Wikipedia)



photo credit to bronut fb page

I've got the chance to try this cronut while I was with a friend at SM Aura. We are both curious why people are raving for it. I find it pricey but then we have decided to give it a try. Each cronuts cost P110.00.

During that time, Icy, my friend was looking for something salty and so she ordered for Super Floss. While I was craving for something sweet I was in between Pylones or Hijo de Leche. But my first choice was really Hijo de Leche.


Super Floss has a very little spice in every bite. Then the Hijo de Leche wasn't that sweet though it was filled with Pastillas. Overall, it was a good try. I'm impressed how the croissant was made because it melts in my mouth.



Location: Food on Four, 4th Level SM Aura, Bonifacio Global City Taguig

Price: P110.00

Note: If you are ordering for dine-in they will serve it in a paper plate but they are not providing any utensils.
The Bright Wife Tip: Ask for a knife and fork at Sbarro or other food stalls nearby. :D Or eat that bronut with your bare hands! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment